Friday, May 11, 2007

6/30 - long days

Today is day four in a series of five very long days involving various work and school commitments which mean I don't get home till close to or after 9pm, which sadly is bedtime for me. Today and tomorrow are going to be the longest days, with work, more work, work, and then a first aid course I'm teaching as a part of my side business, all with very little turn around time in between. Today I had planned to work through my lunch break and go home a bit early for a nap between work and going back to work for more work, but typically I ended up working through my lunch break and still staying an extra half hour. I did have a brief but very enjoyable visit with my one school friend from Langara who is also transferring to UBC, and I did manage to steal a half-hour half-nap while listening to the food network. I'm stocking up on nourishing food to get me through the next 36 hours, rather than relying on the 1/3 crust 2/3 cheese pizza I know will be waiting for me at work when I get back. I had another positive day at work, and worked through some interesting challenges while once again dazzling folks with my mad skills with the filter tank. They don't call me the queen of the filter tank for nothing!

Also putting a smile on my face is the lightening bolt I shaved into my pubic hair out of boredom the other day. I have a good giggle every time I see myself naked or go to the bathroom. You should try it. Seriously.

3 comments:

Liminal Me said...

what?! ha hahahHAHAHAHAHHAH HJAHAHH AHAHAHAH HAH ha ha

Christa Giles said...

That's awesome... I remember Heather deKerf telling me about a dyed butterfly that she had at one point...

Guess I'm not THAT creative. Glad work has been more positive for you!

Katie said...

Seriously, it's hilarious. And after being bored home alone with a pair of clippers I'm just lucky there isn't a lightening bolt shaved into the side of my head!