Thursday, January 26, 2006

Best Birthday Ever

This has been the best actual birthday day I can remember in a long time. Why? Just lots of little things made my day. Got up for work, and Paul had put out a new ipod shuffle for me. Got to work, and there were various happy birthday signs up around the staff room (thanks Wednesday night staff!), a special birthday desktop on my computer (thanks Xta!), and the best birthday song ever waiting for me on my voicemail (thanks Kimmie!). The many phone calls and emails and text messages I got throughout the day were awesome, and yes Harmony, I DO think we should patent our special birthday song and overthrow the current birthday song and make millions . . . Lunch out with work folks, on to school, and many more special calls, and a message from Kimmie saying he had just finished BAKING me a special birthday treat! What fun! (I'll get it tomorrow). Home after school, and Paul went out to get me some cake (okay, pieces of cake, but we shared, and I shared the cake at lunch too, and I went for a longer than usual run today . . . hey man, it's my birthday!) and really made me feel special and wonderful and loved. In fact, I felt special and wonderful and loved all day long, which I guess is why it was the best birthday ever. Gosh! My 27th year has certainly started on the right foot.

7 comments:

Christa Giles said...

Yay!

And.. did you notice that I actually let you escape without singing the whole song to you, as per your request? AS much as it pained me to do it, because it is quite contrary to MY wishes.. I firmly believe that everyone needs to be sung to, on their birthday, the whole entire damn song.

Maybe you and Harmony should get on with that world-anihilation (sp) song-replacement thing, eh?

X.

Katie said...

It did occur to me late at night (read: 7pm) that I had escaped the singing. If it'll make you feel any better, you can sing today.

Anonymous said...

The good thing about the song, too, is that it can be sung not only on teh actual birthday, but in the days leading up to it, or even the weeks or months leading up to it, depending on your birthday style. It's also good because you can sing it about yourself.

"Hey did you know
that it's almost your (my)
birthdaaaay...."

leading up to a glorious

"Hey did you know that
it is your (my)
birthdaaaay....
It's your (my)
birthdaaaay
Katie Traaaaant
(or an awkward silence if I am singing it to myself, or la la la.)

xoHT

Anonymous said...

katie i read your blog every day
xoH

Katie said...

Yaaaay! I'm glad you do.

Christa Giles said...

I actually thought I did, but when I popped in yesterday or the day before, I realized you'd made four posts that I hadn't seen, and I felt shame.

I'm gonna go blog about you and my amazing last-day-at-work now... :)

X.

strawberrygirl said...

Katie!!! Happy Belated birthday:) I am so glad you had a day of love, laughter and friendship:)