Thursday, November 17, 2005

Updated updates

1) I still have not spotted the owner of the beastly pink hummer. I've tried, oh, how I've tried. I typically arrive at school at about 13:25, and it is not there. When I'm leaving at about 14:35, it has appeared. Does the driver have a 1:30 class, a 2pm class? What? There is one teeny little fake n baked blond girl who routinely breezes into math class about 5 minutes late . . . hmmmmm.

2) The IUD is settling into it's new home quite nicely. Uterus was pretty pissed off about it for about 5 days, but I think she realized that the IUD is here to stay, so she settled down. Thar she goes, thar, thar.

3) Turns out I didn't bomb my math test after all. I got 84%! Not quite as well as I would have liked, but hello, I didn't even think I passed it. Glancing at it when it was returned today, I was on the right track for all of the questions, and yes, number 6 COULD be solved by factoring and then using the zero product property, but alas, it couldn't be solved the way I was going with it. Why? Because 3 x 5 is NOT 8. No, it's 15. Geeze. And the big bad word problem, I was doing it perfectly, only for some unknown reason, instead of writing the number 25 down (as in 2500/25) I wrote the number 125. Where that 1 came from, I'll never know. So then the answer, which SHOULD have been the square root of 100, which is 10, turned out as the square root of 20, which is 4.somethingsomething. Blah. Reasons not to write your math tests in a state of bleary wide eyed tireness and complete panic all at once. But I did have a nice chit chat with the prof after class, who said he sensed the panicked state of my quiz, but boosted my fradgile little math ego by saying that at least my math is strong enough that I can be that rushed and panicked and still salvage the test. He thought it was silly that I'd been depressed and embarassed all week. Still, I'm going to see my math tutor TWO times next week. A little math therapy.

4) I just had coffee with my ex boyfriend, ConstaPle Doug (who inspite of having checked his badge for the correct spelling, still used the P when signing his emails), and wow, does he ever look young. I wonder if he looked that young when we were dating? No, younger. Still cute as can be, but my cradle robbin' days are ovah. Especially now that he has a gun.

That last one isn't really an update at all, but I thought I'd throw 'er in anyhow.

Ta Ta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aak, Katie, looks like you have the same math issues I do. The logic, no problem, but I can never get the numbers to sit still and behave either.

Karyn said...

Yeah, Katie, I second that. You really shouldn't worry about those "arithmetic" typos. I think I can specifically remember a 2x10 = 200 error on a first year physics midterm... That wasn't a mistake that only happened once either. And I'm supposed to be all math geeky and such.