Sunday, January 25, 2009

week three report

Okay, so you know when you're on a diet and you have a few drinks on a Saturday night and then all of a sudden that order of poutine seems like a great idea and you blow all of your careful calorie counting? A similar thing happened with the money diet this week.

Sunday morning I headed out for my long run, and having learned my lesson the week before, stopped to buy some gels. And Sunday night is treat night in our house, so obviously I had to buy some Ben and Jerry's. On Tuesday I dropped some cash on a new terra cotta pot for re-potting my ailing jade plant. It had better start getting healthy in it's new home! Little bits and pieces were spent through the week, I can't remember exactly on what, but I do know that come Friday I had only around $20 left in the weekly fund. I ditched out on work early on Friday to do some shopping for ingredients for the upcoming birthday festivities, and spent very nearly every penny of the remaining weekly money, the spend on anything monthly money, and (here is where the cheating begins . . . just one fry won't hurt, will it?) $30 I got from returning a text book. That worked out to quite the spread, but I'll save the details for another post.

The soiree was fabulous (again, another post) and good times were had by the many, many people who packed into our apartment. A handful of us headed downtown as the festivities were winding down, and I made an inebriated grab for that moolah (poutine, full order just for me) I got from selling my accessory pack last week. Meh. So there. I done cheated. On my 30th birthday party. Sue me.

The very good news is that a) a new week is beginning, and I'm not going to let a relatively minor slip up ruin the whole diet, and b) many of the very generous people who stopped by last night gifted me with bottles of wine and other assorted hooch. I don't think we'll have to buy a bottle for at least a month, maybe more. That'll really help me stay on track, and maybe tuck a little away into the slush fund.

Tomorrow I will be 30.

2 comments:

HT said...

glad you had fun!!
i totally thought today was the 26th when i called you!
i'll call you again tomorrow.
xoxo
h

Anonymous said...

In my "line of work" I always have people come in with some goals, like I wanna exercise x amount of times per week from now till forever. Then almost invarialby, they don't show up one week. My number one rule in this case is that does not mean you've failed so it's time to give up. It means, that you didn't make your goal that week, but now it's a new week and so you start again.
Hey, I'm still inspired by you and working on my own debt. We can do this sister!
xxxxxxxxoooooooooooo
Love you old lady,
Cam