Thursday, January 22, 2009

is it worth it?

I've been planning all along to take a summer class this year in May/June to take advantage of the free tuition credits that are a part of my benefits package. But I've been feeling right burnt out about school and the thought of a condensed summer course is just horrific right now, so I did some more thinking about it. Here is what I came up with:

Yes, taking a summer course and getting that one last course out of the free tuition credits would save me around $500. It would also prevent me from teaching several courses on contract that would earn me potentially thousands (above and beyond my full time job). Hmm. Save $500, or earn thousands, pay off debt, save for school in fall when I have no full time job, pay for wedding, save for future.

I've made my choice.

1 comment:

Liminal Me said...

Good for you! Leave that particular stress behind for a while and take a breather. I'm sure you'll still be plenty busy but, come Fall, you'll be refreshed and ready to study again. Good choice!