Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the list book

I was doing some tidying in my home office this week, and found an old notebook shoved into the back of a drawer. I couldn't remember what was in it or why I'd stashed it away at all. It is a pillow book (inspired by the 1996 movie of the same name) where I (and some of my friends of the time) wrote all kinds of lists. I got a good laugh reading through most of them. This one in particular (dated 1998):

Luke, Dad, and Mister's list of words or expressions that should be drinks:


-A Good Shag

-Lady of the Night (aka the Pink Prostitute)

-Headboard Handlebars

-Monica Lewinsky

-Fart Putty (shooter)

-Assfucker (very expensive drink)

-Sweaty Thighs (has salted rim)

-Sweatshop Factory

-Son of a Bitch

-Robert Miles

Luke, Dad, and Mister were all nicknames. I'll let you guess which one I was. The only drink we ever actually made was the Pink Prostitute. It went something like this:

1 1/2 oz Gin
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz orange juice
1/2 tsp grenadine
Shaken over ice

I'll put the challenge out there to invent (and make me) the rest of them for my birthday. After all, my 30th is just around the corner. I'm particularly intrigued by Headboard Handlebars.

3 comments:

HT said...

i am so inventing some.

Anonymous said...

Fart Putty: layer kahlua then baileys, sprinkle crushed peanuts on top. Note: For a healthier alternative, substitute almonds.

Katie said...

Anonymous, you are a genius.