Tuesday, July 18, 2006

this one from Karyn . . .

Q: What childhood liberty do you miss the most?

A: I think the liberty I miss the most is not being worried. Does that count? Not worried about watching what I eat so I can lose 7lbs so I can fit into that fabulous dress for one of the weddings I have to go to this summer. Not worrying about whether or not I look fat in my bathing suit. Not worrying about whether or not the next paycheque is going to cover rent, car payment, car insurance, cell phone bill, phone home/internet bill, hydro, groceries, and so on. Not worrying about whose turn it is to cook dinner or do the dishes. Not worried about whether I will get good enough grades to move on to the next step in my educational fiasco. Not worrying about how old I am and when I should be starting to have babies, or whether or not my period has come on time when I am trying to PREVENT babies. Not worrying about how much I have in my savings account, checking account, RSP, line of credit, visa, mastercard, mutual fund.

And I miss having the months of July and August completely off of school and work, and just hanging out up at Gibsons being salty and sun tanned and lying on the beach until the tide touched my toes, and being shaked upon by Chelsea the stinkiest dog in the whole world, and having the biggest fires on the beach built by a real fireman.

I also really really miss rootbeer popsicles, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere for at least 10 years, so if anyone finds them please a) buy the entire case and I'll find a way to get them from you, and b) call me asap so I can find out who the distributor is and buy many many more cases.

And I miss not thinking that most men are total dirt bags.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I know you are going to say: you don't need the 'good advice' but this isn't advice; more so that i wanted to comment on your answer, which for the most part i can understand.

1. 7lbs...easy peezy just don't eat - like i do hahaahaha. PLease resist with commets..I"M KIDDING!

2. Money- can't say anything abut that. I spend all of mine and don't own any of those fancy three letter things..rrsspp''zz lol

3. Summer ah yes...no work, all play and all fixated on my crush...(he changed year to year)

4. Men are dirtbags...that was a bit of a cliffanger that i have a feeling you are not going to eleborate on judging by the lack of lurker knowledge of this blog.
-however personally, i don't ever remember a time i didn't think all men were dirtbags. Or as i like to them Bastards.

- is it just me or does that word never get used as much these days. Its more asshole, dickshit, cocksucker and the likes...

PS: Have you ever thought of using 'My Space' for people to read your blog. On my space you would have to give people permission or something to be able to access your blog. Just a thought.

(I of course would have the golden key!)

Katie said...

Okay, I've stopped all eating. And I'm thinking about taking up crystal meth instead of food, that otta work, right?

There isn't really anything to elaborate on with the all men are dirtbags thing. I just remember a simpler time when boys were just icky, they weren't leaving their wives for younger women, announcing to their wives that they are leaving them on mothers day (while sitting in the kitchen with 6 month old baby), having 3 girlfriends at once, and so on.

Please note that none of the above has happened to me, but it's all been done by men I know and I was shocked at their dirt-bag-ness.

Rebecca said...

Darn. No story..

erg.

ah well.

OK, since this question game is sooooo much fun, lol, here's another:

If all goes according to plan, hwo will you life look in 5 years:-
Please state living situation, marital status, job, hobbies, accomplishments etc etc

Anonymous said...

I miss those endless magical summers at Gibsons. Running around over rocky beaches with feet so tough you didn't even consider shoes. And waterskiing and kneeboarding and night swimming watching the phosphoresence. And picking raspberries and blackberries and even learning how to type. And getting violently ill from drinking too much for the very first time!

Now here's a question:
What is your favourite smell?

Rebecca said...

and so another drought begins...