Friday, May 19, 2006

Today, in our living room . . .

Paul: Do we have a little ball, Babe?

Me: For what?

Paul: My physio exercises. I need to roll it around under my foot.

Me: I think we have a tennis ball around somewhere. I'll go look up stairs.

Me: (goes upstairs)

Paul: Never mind. I'm just going to use an orange.

Me: (shouting from upstairs) Don't use an orange! You'll squish it.

Paul: Okay, we'll hurry up then.

Me: (rummaging around upstairs)

Orange: (SQUISH!!)

Paul: Woah, Babe, you were right.

Me: What?

Paul: The orange. It did squish!

Me: No duh Babe, no duh.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

MEN!

Anonymous said...

That sounds familiar :> Remind me to tell you about my kitchen garbage can some time :>

Anonymous said...

I was having a cranky afternoon and this post just made me laugh and laugh and laugh. I could really picture the dialogue. I like the bit where the orange goes 'squish'.

I bet your readers don't fully appreciate that you're an award winning playwright and are VERY good at relaying a scene. Seriously.

ET