Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Things I will do when I have more time

I've made a hefty decision not to take any summer classes. Furthermore, I've decided not to kill myself with contract teaching, working 16 hour days this summer. No, all I will do for the months of May - Aug is work one full time job. And probably teach the odd NLS pre/recert, or something like that, but those are quick one or two day jobbies, so I'm allowing myself that. I mean, I've been going at this pace for two years (and before I went back to school I used to do a lot more contract teaching, so I've really been going at this pace for much much longer) so it'll be a lot to get used to having all that free time in the afternoon.

Here are some things I intend to do:

-A thorough spring clean of each and every room in my apartment, which will include going through EVERYTHING and tossing stuff out.
-Steam clean my carpets, which will hopefully remove the splotches from cleaning up bike grease
-Go and purchase some additional shelving and reorganize the storage system in my living room/kitchen/dining room areas.
-Finish knitting the cabled hoodie (started a year ago)
-Finish knitting the alpaca scarf (started 18 months ago)
-Finish knitting Muchi's hat (started in Dec. His b-day was in Sept!)
-Start and finish knitting Chris Lee's hat (b-day was in Jan!)
-Knit Tatjana's hat OR go to Nanaimo for a weekend and re-teach her how to knit it.
-Finish the quilt I started BEFORE Paul and I moved in together (should be more inclined to do it now that I have an actual sewing area set up in my apartment).
-Make Dolmades, which I bought a jar of grape leaves for over a year ago.
-Make creme brulee, or SOMETHING I can use the blowtorch I got for Christmas on.
-Do something with my VSB credits. Another sewing class, or maybe cake decorating?
-Go visit Jacquie and meet her new baby (Brenna, born in Nov!)

That oughta tide me over for a while! And of course, spend time with all my neglected friends and family, dust off my social skills, and have a good ol' time. Friends welcome to participate in any of the above activities, especially the cleaning ones!

5 comments:

Karyn said...

Katie, I'm afraid I'm going to have to stop reading your blog. You're so frick'in productive. Even your slacking stuff is productive. It makes me feel deficient. Or at least inferior.

I understand that to be the craftiest person of all time requires you to be pretty darn crafty, but seriously your list looks like more work than, well, work. If it were my list there would be a whole lot less cake making, a whole lot more cake eating, there would definitely be some dedicated beach bumming, and probably one or two trips to the spa for a pedicure. And no I would not be knitting anything while getting my toe nails polished.

Stop making the rest of us look so bad!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that you will also be meeting your sister in Halifax for a visit with the Grandmar.

strawberrygirl said...

Wow Katie. Quite a list:) I second the cake eating comment:)

Seriously, good for you for taking a break from the school and making more room for waht you love in life:)

kimberley said...

- whistler road trip / picnic!
- make lamingtons, which I will eat
- move garbage from within dangerous stove-sliding distance

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that you added us to your list... i was going to suggest it! can't wait to see you :-)
jacquie & brenna