Saturday, March 11, 2006

moments of clarity

Every so often, every once in a while, comes a defining moment in my life. A moment where I realize I have to do something, change something, say something . . .

I've had a few this week.

The important one, between spells of vomiting, is that I do not believe I can continue to live my life at it's current pace. I want to be happy and healthy, and I am currently neither. It does not matter how many classes other people think I should be taking, or if other people think I'm working hard enough, it only matters that I know I am challenging myself, and doing what I need to do for me. I need to find a balance. I need to find some me time. I need to find my sewing machine and my knitting needles and my blow torch (mine is for melting sugar, not glass) and I need to find my sanity, and that place in me where I feel good, and empowered, and like me again.

The other one is, it is rather important to use the finger guard included with your mandoline.

1 comment:

Christa Giles said...

I vote for some serious compromising of the integrity of your workplace! Tell Meghan part of her training is to cover both morning and afternoon shifts for at least two weeks. Will give her a full overview of the facility and its programs. 'sides, she probably hasn't heard one of Red's jokes yet, has she?

./grin

X.