Wednesday, March 11, 2009

be scentsible

I like to smell nice, but perfumes give me a headache and make me stuffed up and sneezy, so I typically opt for the more mellow aromatics of a nice scented lotion. I used one for nearly a decade with patchouli and ylang ylang, but these days I like to smell like dessert - vanilla, coconut, and chocolate are my smell poisons of choice. Scented lotions can be pricey, and they can also be thick and strong smelling. I like to cut mine 50/50 with an inexpensive unscented lotion like Vaseline Intensive Care, which has the two birds with one stone effect of both cutting the scent to a level I find tolerable, and stretching the scented lotion twice as far. There be a scent savvy money diet tip for ya!

4 comments:

Christa Giles said...

I remember when you first started working at UBC AC, and we were getting to know each other... that it just seemed to be one more element clicking into place that we both used Sensuality lotion from Escents.

Mmmm :)

My current scent of choice is the Root Chakra body spray from EssentialOilTechniques.com (or something).. I don't remember where I first smelled it, maybe Banyan Books, but I've been using it for years now. Peppery and spicy, and C likes it too!

ShoeGalBradshaw said...

Im still a Chanel Allure girl.

Although i do love vailla and shea butter creams and body scrubs :)

HT said...

I have a big essential oil collection -- I put a few drops of this and that in a little vial of canola oil and use that as perfume.

HT said...

oh yeah, i forgot to say:

wedding ticker please.