Thursday, July 31, 2008

story of my running life

For months, MONTHS I tell you, I have been dragging my ass out on these terrible horrible no good very bad runs. Awful runs, feeling like my legs were made of lead wrapped in concrete wrapped in some other ridiculously heavy construction material, just feeling low energy and shitty and bad. And yet still dragging myself out 3 - 4 times a week, partly with the mantra repeating in my head, "this will make you look good in your wedding dress, wedding dress, wedding dress . . ." and partly believing that a good run just had to be around the corner.

It finally came. I felt so good the whole time, good energy, light in the body, actually enjoying the run for the first time in months. It was glorious, and I could see other runs in the near future optimistically, seriously looking forward to my planned Sunday long run on the coast.

So obviously I woke up the next morning with this searing pain behind my knee, unable to fully straighten my left leg. *Sigh* Story of my running life. The good news is that thus far it appears to be muscular, so hopefully I'll be back at it before too long. Hopefully my comeback won't involve months of shitty runs again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attention Katie's Nearest and Dearest:

Would one of you be so kind to take a snapshot of the new ring she is sporting?

I'm dying to see it:)

Please and thank you.

Anonymous said...

here's a mental snapshot:
white gold (or is it platiunum?), solitaire, set dead in the centre quite well raised up, two little linear grooves on each side of the rock make for an elegant little detail. Simple and elegant, just like our Katie.
Hey, that knee is just a reminder of your great run, go easy on it and you'll be good!
Cam

Anonymous said...

i have a picture and will get my lazy ass in gear and get it to katie asap.
ht

Christa Giles said...

Good to hear about blissful runs... every once in a while I have a blissful polo practice, but the majority haven't been that sweet lately.

Continueing new passion: unicycling. My hoop class on Wednesday was non-existant, so I cancelled it and used the non=cancellable studio time to practice unicycling. Getting there, woot!

This, and stilts by the time I'm 40.