Sunday, March 16, 2008

two things

Two things to tell y'all.

First, I'll draw your attention to this post from May 2006, which I poached from Anne's blog:

"I’ve added a couple of new links to my blog. Just wanted to do some introductions.

The first, Liminal Me, is one of my sisters and a groovy gal.

The second, Katie the Mermaid Girl, is a friend and great knitting instructor.

Just for the sake of drawing some random and unnecessary connections, they are both vegetarians. Liminal Me recently did her first triathlon and Mermaid Girl is a swimmer and a runner. Both love to cook, both spend a lot of time on the same campus, and they live within four blocks of one another. And yet…. they’ve never met. They move in parallel universes. Dramatic, but true."

Well now we have! Liminal Me and I crossed paths yesterday afternoon in our neighbourhood wine shop. I saw who I thought she was, and took a chance sounding like a complete weirdo if she wasn't by asking if she was Liminal Me. After a couple of seconds of her looking blankly at me (and me feeling like a bit of a weirdo), she said, you're Katie! and gave me a big hug. We gabbed in the shop for the better part of half an hour or so, before going on with our days.

It was great to finally meet you in the flesh, Liminal, and I hope you enjoyed your wine!

Second, I had the BEST Saturday night last night. One apartment all to myself, one bottle of one of my favourite standby wines (Elderton Friends Cabernet Sauvignon), one small take out pizza, and five, yes five back to back episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Mmmmmm. Guilty pleasures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you like the Elderton Friends as their "might" be a bottle of that in a little care package with your name on it. Shiraz though...

Katie said...

"might" as in it "might" see the same fate as the chocolate?

Liminal Me said...

Elderton Friends profited greatly from our chance encounter as we'll definitely be buying that one again and our friends took the label info for future purchases as well. Thanks for the tip. So great to meet you in person! I see brunch with you, me, and Reflexive Verb sometime in the near future...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm glad you guys met! Fun! Definitely a future brunch is in order...

Liminal Me said...

Katie, go read the comments on my blog post about meeting you.