Thursday, October 04, 2007

staying out of the red

September has come and gone faster than I ever thought possible. And that 'summer' we supposedly had? Feels like a million miles away.

I was worried about September and the financial burden I knew it would be, but I'm happy to report that I managed to get through and pay my rent, car payment, car insurance, tuition, textbooks, misc bills, and actually live a little all without going into the red. This is thanks mostly to the awesome under the table business I've got going on the side, and the rate at which it continues to grow while seeing a steady stream of return business. With out the biz I wouldn't be able to afford any of the little extras. Huge props go to my littlest sis (who is considerably taller than me), Pamela, who helped get it all started and is my biggest source of free advertising.

So to celebrate making it through the month, and also cause I've got a few peeps who need a visit, I've been on the lookout for cheap flights to Calgary. I was checking flights every day for a couple of weeks, watching the price go up and down and up and down and up and down and down and down and OMFG I'VE NEVER SEEN PRICES THIS LOW!!! BOOK!! BOOK!! BOOK!! And since I booked I've been watching the prices every day go up and stay up, and am satisfied that the deal I got is the best deal of all time. Good things come to those who wait.

Now I have to go deal with my pumpkins . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That blog made me so damn happy, you know why...

Katie said...

29 days!!!

Anonymous said...

You selling the tup under the table or something? :)

Enjoy Calgary.

Katie said...

One does not sell the Tup under the table, Nicole. It's simply not done.

Christa Giles said...

Indeed, if the never-used Tup should happen to go missing from the Excess Tup cabinet, and a suitable amount of money be left in its place, nothing further needs to be said.