Monday, August 06, 2007

long weekend not long enough

After recovering from a nasty stomach virus that knocked me off my feet for about 48hrs, I headed up to the glorious Sunshine Coast for the long weekend. I've only got one more week of work before my wonderful holiday from work and (once the calculus final is over with) school. The long weekend was like a delicious appetizer which left me hungry for more! Highlights included:

  • hanging out with my ENTIRE immediate family, which only happens a handful of times each year
  • crashing the after-party of a neighbour and childhood friend's wedding and hitting the open bar hardcore
  • lying on the beach
  • having a loooong talk with my mom, which we don't often get the chance to do
  • floating on an over sized inner tube and holding onto Paul's feet as he swam around doing his "pull" workout
  • water skiing behind our BRAND NEW boat
  • eating food from the garden
  • drinking lots of beer

All weekends should be long weekends. Five more days of work, and nine more days of serious studying to go. Holidays here I come!

3 comments:

HT said...

9 days until the end of calcukus!
yay!
i have nine more days until the end o f18th c. literature (for now, mybe forever if I can avoid it by taking lit from other, possibly more horrifyingly boring centuries.)
we might come out to Vancouver in the fall.
i miss you!!
xo.h

HT said...

oops - i mean calculus --
:)

Anonymous said...

9 days!!!!

LUCK!