Tuesday, December 20, 2005

this blog is about to get a whole lot less interesting . . .

Thanks to my jerk sister who was all like 'I've been home from London for like 2 hours so I'm going to ruin your blogging fun by telling the address to our parents and insist on calling it a URL in my half British accent cause I work in an important web based finance related field in England so I can't possibly slum and just call it an address, and I'll sit here and laugh at you and tell our previously unaware parents all about the exibitionism of the world of blog, and now even if I don't tell them the URL, our Dad will just google you anyhow, so there, your blog is ruined.'

So it's all Emily's fault, and I'm considering posting her personal information (including SIN) in retaliation.

But it is really nice to see her.

And the accent usually goes away after a couple of days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 comments:

1. I nearly forgot about your fruitcake. I mentioned it to mom last night (the fruitcake, not your blog) and her advice is to soak it in rum. It'll last longer that way :) I always wondered why mom liked the fruitcake.

2. I really have no comment on your sister, except to say she should have asked your permission first. As long as you enjoy seeing her :)

Christa Giles said...

Well.. have you tried Googling yourself? You don't actually show up :) Your blog may be safe!!

(or, your parents may just get another opportunity to relate to you as an adult, rather than their little baby girl...)

Hm.. I don't remember if my parents know about my blog or not... but since I heard that the cashiers at work check ours out regularly, I watch what I say :)

X.

Katie said...

if you google me in one word, it shows up. maybe they're not that clever . . .

kimberley said...

fake accents drive me INSANE!

like madonna's.

geez.

i don't know how you handle it.