Friday, December 23, 2005

foiled, for now.

Yesterday I spent time with my sister. She's been here about a week, so the accent is mellowing out and she sounds a lot less snooty. She isn't actually snooty at all, rather she's quite lovely, she just sounds that way. Anyways, I informed her about her blog ruining and my previous post, and she said she hadn't realized it was supposed to be a secret. I said it's not a secret, it's just not a place I thought I wanted certain people to peruse. She said, oh well, I think they've forgotten about it anyway.

I said, I doubt it.

So we go to their house to drop off Emily and loads of fruitcake which my Dad promptly started gnawing on, and a few minutes after I arrive both of my parents inform me that they have unsuccessfully googled me, and want the address. I said they'd have to google a little harder. If they're going to get here, they better work for it.

So shout out to Mom and Dad, if you've found me. Shout out to the cashiers at work, who apparently peruse this regularly, shout out strangers, hey, shout out Jesus. What up?


PS - the blogger spell checker still makes me laugh. It suggested I replace the word FRUITCAKE with the word BRITCHES and does not recognise the word BLOG.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The spellchecker on Mozilla's Thunderbird recognizes neither "Mozilla" nor "Thunderbird" so every time I want to recommend the dang email utility to someone by email, it questions my judgment.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and it could be worse. My parents know about my blog but they can NEVER remember the address.

"It's THENAMESTHATYOUGAVEME DOT COM!"

How many more times do I need to yell that before it sinks in?