Wednesday, December 16, 2009

a taste of what's to come . . .


After thinking long and hard about a lot of things on a lot of levels, I have decided I need to be putting my blogging energy somewhere I feel is more productive. Come 2010 January I'll be launching a food blog called Deconstructing the Muffin Myth (url to come) where I'll be posting weekly food related rants, adventures, and recipes.

It seems these days that developing a following on the blog-o-sphere is one of the first steps to becoming a well known foodie, and ultimately getting into the cookbook or cooking show or other food related world. The efforts I put into blogging my personal life will soon be put into my food life, which is, I think, where more of my energy needs to be (as opposed to so much complaining about how much I hate school).

If any of you have any recipes you're itching to see featured, or want re (or de)-constructed, fire them in my direction. Any if any of you are blog-tech whizzes and have some advice (Nicole - how the heck did you create that 'about' page?) send that my way as well. And if you have a D-SLR camera collecting dust that you want to loan/barter/sell me, let me know.

I'll post a link to the new site when it's up and running.
:)Katie

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cannot wait!!!!!

Nicole said...

Check your email :) Let me know if you need more info :)

Anonymous said...

Nice... once it's up and running I'll go comment on all the other food blogs with your URL.

AnnaBanana said...

Great! Can´t wait to read and try what you write in that new blog!
The biggest influence you´ve had on my eating habits ist that I still eat my pizza with avocado (and I have for 10years now!). And of course the fabulous recipes for herbal pizza dough and Chai Tea...
Now that you´re a pro I´m of course expecting even more of you than back in NZ... :-)

Liminal Me said...

I can support this so long as I get to keep reading! You'll at least tell us where it is, right? ;-) Looking forward to mouth watering recipes - and I think you're a great person to be writing a food blog!

Anonymous said...

U should call it deconstructin my muffin

Anonymous said...

you could also call it

"Do You Know the Muffin Myth?"
:)

xo.h