Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Waz going on?

In brief . . .

My arm is on the mend - thanks for asking. It's still pretty painful now and then, but I'm back at work, and doing practically everything except for lifting some heavy things. I have minions for that.

Classes are done, exams are looming. The big scary Chem final is exactly one week away. I have a lot of studying to cram into the next six days.

Our collective agreement at work expires Dec 31st. We had planned on starting bargaining in early January, but just last week we were informed by the employer that there is a PSEC mandate for us to finish bargaining before the current CE expires. Not only that, but the parties must reach an agreement by Dec 10th, and then ratify prior to Dec 31st. I'm the chair of the bargaining committee, so this means that over the next six days, four will be spent at the table, and we may go around the clock for the last two.

Did I mention I need to study?

Also there is my regular job, and the end of semester/beginning of semester shiz that goes on. Busy times.

Plus, because I'm completely insane, I agreed to teach a Lifesaving Instructor crash course which starts two days after my finals are done. This means I will also have to recertify my IT status prior to then.

So December 18th I'll be ready to start my holiday baking, crafting, and shopping. If my head hasn't imploded by then.

8 comments:

Liminal Me said...

Oy! I feel the same right now but the upshot is that the pressure makes me highly efficient. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

LOL

strawberrygirl said...

Wow Katie!!!!! You have so much going on girl....maybe we should postpone lunch until after the holidays...

Anonymous said...

The 18th is my first day of freedom too. Let's start a countdown!!!

Anonymous said...

11 days...

HT said...

hey katie
i am getting a sweing machine for christmas.
martha stewie says to get a singer.
what do you think?
xo.h

Katie said...

Cam - 9 days!

Har - I'm a Pfaff girl myself. Or a Bernina, which has a little sis (not the $5000 quilting edition) called Bernette.

Anonymous said...

8 days...