Monday, January 22, 2007

birthday smirthday

My birthday is on Friday. I feel fairly ambivalent about the whole thing, however, after much deliberation I have gone to the trouble of trying to plan a casual celebration of sorts. There will be cake, and I will eat it. If no one shows up, there will be more cake for me, and Paul and I can sit at home and get drunk just the two of us, and I might even get lucky. If people show up, fun will be had by all. It seems to be a win-win situation.

Reasons I'm looking forward to it:

-My actual age and the age I tell people I am will be the same finally (other than people at work . . . my actual age and the age I tell people at work I am will be the same never). For some reason I had a mental birthday in August (August 19th, to be exact), so biologically I'm just catching up.

-I have a lunch date with one of my favourite seniors from the pool, Tina, and fellow birthday grouch, KD.

-Paulie is taking me shopping for new clothes! And he's going to come with and be my wardrobe consultant! Fun!

-I'm giving myself a long weekend from work, so some sleeping in is bound to happen!

-Some of my favourite human beings of all time have committed to coming over and helping me celebrate, as well as some new friends and some newly reunited old friends.

-It's an excuse to wear a party dress, although more likely than not you'll find me in jeans or stretchy pants (stretchy pants = more cake eating capacity).

-Did I already mention cake? To further that, I'll be making desserts that require the use of a blowtorch!

Reasons I think my birthday is cool:

-I share my birthday with The Great One (if I have to tell you who that is, hurry and come over so I can smack you one).

-Myself, my brother, and my grandmother have our birthdays 3 days in a row. My youngest sister also has a January birthday . . . my parents were BUSY in March!

-Two of my favourite people of all time, each named Kim, also have birthdays within 10 days of mine. We're going to have a special birthday outing just the 3 of us called the K-K-K birthday extravaganza! Inappropriate? Yes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only assume that i am one of your favorite people of all time who is coming to your house :)

P

Rebecca said...

YEY!!

I'm excited! I'll be arriving post Cypress, hopefully in one piece and i get to break in a new pair of 4.5 inchers lol

Ha!

I'll see your strechy pants and raise you a foot!

Rebecca said...

Isn't it about time you sent out where it is that this "Smirthday, Birthday, Bah Humbug, I Hate Birthdays event thing is going to be at??

I'll be there closer to 11.

oh, and can you include your number too?

Thanks hun

Christa Giles said...

How do you feel about smelly hoopers dropping by? :) I too could use a reminder on your address.. I have a hazy sense of how to get there, but alas, I don't think that's enough.

kimberley said...

i think that once you get within a 50 foot radius of KT's place, you can't help but know which one it is!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated, KT :)