Wednesday, September 14, 2005

2 Years

Well whaddya know, we made it. Paul and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary this week. Tremendous! We celebrated by going out for a dinner that we could totally not afford, but that was wonderful, and then by going out to our favourite night spot, and getting a little crazy. We had long talks about 'the future' and just loved each other a whole lot. Awwwww. The next night as I lay in bed in a state of stupor, with my arm draped across his chest, my hand feeling his heartbeat, which seemed to be saying 'katie . . .katie. . .katie. . . katie. . .' I opened my eyes and saw a real man attached to that heartbeat. The lesson learned is this: we are both real people with hearts that love each other. We are getting better at letting things go. Settling into that middle zone where the passion sorts it's self out. Ya know? It's nice.

1 comment:

sirbarrett said...

Sounds nice and comfy. Congratulations on your love and longevity.